TA Boxall Engineering is trusted because our experience has made us proficient at what we do. Our engineers are experienced in handling ATEX hazardous area repair and overhaul. We understand the considerable dangers when working and conducting repairs in hazardous areas.
We are a Trusted Name in ATEX Hazardous Area
Repair and Overhaul
in the UK
- Over 80 years experience
- Unrivaled experience
- An exceptional service
- Unbeatable value for money
- Industry-approved installers
- A full range of electrical services
- Professional, reliable and diligent
- 100% safety and satisfaction
ATEX Certified Hazardous Area Equipment
ATEX, derived from the French ‘ATmospheres EXplosives’, specifies the mandatory requirements for handlers and manufacturers of all hazardous area equipment sold in the European Union. An area is considered hazardous when there exists a potentially explosive mix of air, flammable gases, or dust in a variety of combinations. Two directives certify ATEX equipment and working practice:
- ATEX 95 equipment directive 94/9/EC – equipment intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres.
- ATEX 137 workplace directive 99/92/EC – minimum requirements for improving the safety and preserving the health of workers who may be at risk from explosive atmospheres.
We Take Safety Seriously
Our engineers are comfortable working on any ATEX hazardous area equipment, whether category 1, 2, or 3. When working with ATEX hazardous area equipment, it’s crucial the handlers are competent. At TA Boxall Engineering, our experienced staff is knowledgeable in ATEX hazardous area repair and overhaul. We’ll ensure that your equipment is safe in the workplace as we carry out flameproof maintenance. You can be sure your units will be safe to use because they have been serviced to the highest industry standard.
We Comply with Industry Standards
- We meet all the legal requirements for competence and are able to conduct our work safely.
- Our ATEX hazardous area repairs and overhaul are carried out in line with BS EN 60079-17 and IEC 60079-19:2006 which qualifies us to repair low, medium and high voltage ATEX certified motors.
- All TA Boxall Engineering workers who handle your equipment have completed CompEx Training and Assessment and are well trained in the different types of protection, installation practices and the principles of area classification.
- When carrying out ATEX hazardous area repair and overhaul, we follow the BS IEC 600079-19 standard for repair and overhaul of equipment used in explosive atmospheres (other than mines or explosives).
About TA Boxall
Why Choose TA Boxall Engineering?
- With over 80 years in the industry, our experience makes us qualified to handle any kind of ATEX hazardous area repair and overhaul.
- Our expert engineers are skilled in repairing ATEX hazardous area equipment and take the utmost care in line with professional specifications.
- If you wish, we’ll inspect and maintain all your hazardous area equipment at regular intervals to make sure it is as safe as the day it was manufactured.
- We prepare records of all repairs carried out on your equipment to help us track and identify each item.